fredericksburg.com User Agreement and discussion guidelinesFredericksburg.com, a service of the Free Lance-Star Publishing Company of Fredericksburg, Va. ("FLS"), is building an active online community, in part through interactive discussions on Fredtalk, our discussion forum.
The basic rules for discussions on fredericksburg.com are simple: Keep it clean, legal and respectful of each other.
1. FLS encourages the free and open exchange of ideas in a climate of mutual respect. Any action by a participant that infringes on another participant's right to use and enjoy fredericksburg.com's bulletin boards is prohibited. You agree not to harass other participants or knowingly display any false, defamatory, abusive, obscene, threatening, racially offensive, sexually explicit or illegal material on the service.
2. You may not permit any other person to access fredericksburg.com discussions for any purpose using your account, ID or password.
3. You may not post any information that is libelous or defamatory or that discloses private or personal matters concerning any person. You may not post messages or links to data, images or programs that are obscene or pornographic.
4. You may not upload any messages, data, images or programs that violate the property rights of others, including unauthorized copyrighted text, images or programs, trade secrets or other confidential proprietary information, and trademarks or service marks used in an infringing fashion.
5. You may not use fredericksburg.com discussions to publish any information, software or other content that contains advertising or any solicitation of other members to use goods or services. Charity requests must reside in the FredTalk Charities forum. The board administration does not review the status of any charity groups requesting assistance.
6. You may not use the facilities and capabilities of fredericksburg.com to conduct any activity or solicit the performance of any illegal activity or other online activity that infringes on the rights of fredericksburg.com, FLS, or any other person or organization.
7. You may not post notes in discussion areas if your permission to participate in discussion has been revoked by the administrators. You agree to be held liable for any administrative, investigative and legal fees incurred by The Free Lance-Star Publishing Company resulting from the creation of fraudulent user accounts or any other violations of this user agreement.
ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
FLS does not endorse and is not responsible for any statement, opinion, advice given or made in fredericksburg.com discussion forums. Your use of the fredericksburg.com discussion forums is at your own risk.
FLS does not intend to engage in any prior review of notes posted to discussion areas, but it reserves the right in its sole discretion and for any reason to delete or redirect any information or other content posted to fredericksburg.com (including posts to discussion areas), regardless of whether the information or other content violates the rules for content described in above policies. Further, FLS reserves the right to limit or terminate service to participants who violate the terms of this Agreement.
By submitting material to fredericksburg.com discussions, you assert that the material is your own, is licensed to be uploaded and downloaded by other participants, is in the public domain, or is otherwise free of copyright or other restrictions. You also grant fredericksburg.com and FLS an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free license to redistribute or republish the information in any medium or form.
In no event will fredericksburg.com or FLS be liable for any incidental, consequential, or indirect damages (including, but not limited to, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of programs or information, and the like) arising out of the the fredericksburg.com discussion forums, or any information or services provided on fredericksburg.com, even if fredericksburg.com has been advised of the possibility of such damages, or for any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies published on fredericksburg.com.
Your use of the fredericksburg.com discussion forums also is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Fredericksburg.com User Agreement.
FLS is not responsible for censoring or monitoring postings but it reserves the right to enforce the policies outlined in this document, and FLS reserves the right to move or remove notes at its sole discretion and without explanation. By participating in fredericksburg.com discussions, you agree to follow the policies set forth below and you agree to abide by all other terms and conditions set forth in this Agreement. FLS reserves the right to amend and modify the terms of this Agreement and the policies set forth herein. Your continued participation in the fredericksburg.com discussions constitutes your agreement to be bound by any changes to this Agreement.