Fredericksburg, VA 22407
About Tabernacle United Methodist Church
Here at Tabernacle, we believe God will use as many as want to follow Jesus. We are for the "Kingdom of heaven" stuff. We sing, pray, worship, and learn together. Some of us are conservative, some are liberal, and most are somewhere in between. We welcome all and want to love everyone, just as you are. Worshiping with Live streaming Sundays at 10 am until churches can reopen.
Welcome to Tabernacle United Methodist Church. We are absolutely delighted that you found interest in our church. Whether you're in town for a short visit, moving to the area and looking for a place to worship, or even seeking a new church to be in service, Tabernacle is a wonderful welcoming place to live, love, and learn Christ's message.
- Assist the Pastor in leading the congregation in the Responsive Call to Worship, Affirmation of Faith and Congregational Prayer.
- Meet and greet people arriving for worship services and pass out bulletins.
- Males and females, Third Grade or older, to light the candles on the Altar and carry the cross for the 8:15 and 11:00 AM services(formal training is required).
- Assist in collecting offering and assist people in being seated.
- Prepare Communion elements, place on the Altar and clean up afterwards.
- Cherubs: 3 to 6 year olds. Meets on Wednesdays 6:30-6:50 PM (SEPT-APR)
- Youth Chancel Choir: 7 to 14 year olds. Meets on Sunday mornings at 9:30 AM (SEPT-APR)
- Chancel Choir: High School/Adults. MeetsThursdays 7:00-8:00 PM.
- Praise and Worship Team: Meets Thursdays 7:00-8:30 PM.
- Catherine Stanley Ringers (Bell Choir): High School/Adults. Meets Wednesdays 6:00-6:45 PM.
- Tabernacle’s Chancel Choir presents two cantatas each year; one at Christmas and one at Easter. There is always a need for volunteers to help with narration, drama, singing, costuming and set design.